ABOUT US -- The Place to Inspire, Enrich, Learn and Grow
41 Macek Drive | Pittsburgh, PA 15227 | Phone: 412-885-2255 | Fax: 412-885-5255
|MONDAY-THURSDAY||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|FRIDAY||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|SATURDAY||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
In case of inclement weather, the Library will no longer follow Baldwin-Whitehall School District policies.
Please check local television stations for Library closing information.
DIRECTIONS LIBRARY POLICIES PROGRAM/EVENT CALENDAR
Stop by and see the improvements to the Main Library and our redesigned Family Room. Coffee Time / Monday-Friday
- Jenny Worley - Director / E-mail: email@example.com
- Nancy Musser - Adult Services Librarian / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dolores Colarosa - Youth Services & Program Coordinator / E-mail: email@example.com
- Pam Richter - Technology Librarian / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sally White - Admin. Assistant
- Tracy Bakowski, Linda Doring, Barb Mackey - Library Clerks
- Sue Stiffey - PR
- Paul Hayhurst - President
- Kelly Mossbauer - Vice President
- Jesse Posset - Treasurer
- Lindsay Pfister - Secretary
- Kevin Moder
Baldwin Library Board Meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month and are open to the public. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.
The Board provides library policies and raises funds which enable the library staff to provide Baldwin Borough residents with a library that enriches lives with entertaining books, DVD’s, music CD’s, and more.
BBPL inspires and teaches with educational programs and trips. Your library helps children learn and grow with storytimes, Drama Club, an annual Battle of the Books, and music lessons.
If helping to make your community a better place appeals to you, consider joining the Board.
FRIENDS of the BALDWIN LIBRARYWe meet on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the library.
Like us on Facebook -- Please share with others!
Join our Friends Group and help the library with:
- Special projects
- Fundraising Events
- Community Advocacy
You need only to:
- Call or come in to register your name and contact information and any special projects you might prefer.
- Participate to the extent you choose and select which projects you wish to work on.
- Indicate if you wish to be a part of the initial, core group of organizers that determines the shape the group will take.
TIME FOR APPLEBEE'S AGAIN - FUNDRAISING EVENT"DINING TO DONATE!"
BENEFITING THE BALDWIN BOROUGH PUBLIC LIBRARY
OCTOBER 26, 2014
Join us for our "Dining To Donate" day from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM at the--
2045 LEBANON CHURCH ROAD | WEST MIFFLIN, PA 15122
DOWNLOAD/PRINT one of these special tickets and bring it with you for your purchase. Tickets are also available at the library. TELL YOUR FRIENDS and THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Baldwin Borough Public Library
SINCERELY YOGURT - Discount Coupons
SAVE Money! HELP the Library!
Nearby Locations: Caste Village 5301 Grove Rd and South Park 4120 Brownsville Rd
Get your Sincerely Yogurt discount coupon booklets today and enjoy some tasty treats. For just $5.00, you can save over $10.00.
Great Stocking Stuffer! Now available at the front desk.
Find other locations near you.
USED BOOKS, BAKED GOODS & MORE NEEDED!
Fall Book Sale
The library is requesting the following items for the November sale.
- Please bring in your used books, puzzles, games, CDs, DVDs, VHS tapes, and magazines during regular library operating hours.
- Baked goods are also needed for the BAKE SALE and can be dropped off at the library on Monday, November 3 or Tuesday, November 4.
- Like to Help? Please call the library at 412-885-2255 if you would like to help with the set up on Monday, November 3 or with the sale.
The FALL BOOK SALE will be in the main lobby of the Wallace Building, 41 Macek Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15227.
- TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 4 / 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM [Bake Sale Day]
- WEDNESDAY - THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5 & 6 [during regular library hours] / 10 AM - 8 PM
- FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 7 [during regular library hours] / 10 AM - 5 PM
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8 / 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
POINSETTIAS - Holiday Plant FundraiserSPONSORED BY THE FRIENDS OF THE BALDWIN LIBRARY
Poinsettias are one of the most popular plants for the holidays that bring color to any room. Purchase a few of them to decorate your own home or office and to give as gifts!
- Pick up or download an order form today
- Submit your order with payment to the library by Friday, November 21, 2014
- Pick-up will be at Baldwin Library on Saturday, December 6 from 10 AM - 4 PM
WE HAVE SPACE....Need a quiet room to hold a business meeting, meet an appointment, hold a study group, or have a club meet-up?
We have FREE meeting space for Baldwin residents! Call the library today to reserve our program area-- 412-885-2255.
(Reservations are taken on a first come first served basis. Library programs take precedence when scheduling the room.)
EMAIL BLAST!Would you like to receive library programming and event announcements by email?
Sign up for our monthly email blast and hear about all the latest library news.
To sign-up call the library at 412-885-2255 or email us at email@example.com
**BBPL will not use your email for anything other than a once a month library announcement. You can opt out of this service at any time.
High School Community Service Program
High School Seniors needing community service are invited to complete their graduation requirement at the library. We offer opportunities based on the students schedule.
We have two hour shifts each weekday afternoon for 10 days or until the time requirement is filled. These students shelve books, clean shelves, and assist the librarians with preparation for programs. Also available are Saturday morning shifts for those involved in afterschool activities.
For students wanting to complete their hours in fewer sessions, we will have special projects through out the year. For instance, our Election Day Book and Bake sale provides opportunities for students to get as many as 5 hours by helping set up the books for the sale and another 5 for helping clean up the following Saturday.
Plan ahead. Contact Jenny [firstname.lastname@example.org] at 412-885-2255 to register for a Community Service plan.
Join a Collaboration For the Kids
The Baldwin-Whitehall School District and the Public Libraries are joining forces to create a Directory of Tutors to help BHS students in need of additional academic support in certain subjects, such as math, science (chemistry, physics) and English.
If you would like to help, please send a resume, your hourly rates, and subject certification to:
BALDWIN-WHITEHALL GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
Baldwin High School
4653 Clairton Blvd.
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
Phone: 412-885-7500All tutors would have to have the following appropriate clearances:
- Act 34 PA Background Check
- Act 151 (Child Abuse) Background Check
- Act 24 of 2011 Federal (FBI) Background Check